Modus Capital is proud to participate in the Sixth Edition of Manama Entrepreneurship Week (MEW2020)—held from Oct 18 – Oct22, 2020.
Kareem Elsirafy, Managing Director of Modus, and Simon Tkachenko, Principle of Modus, were invited to discuss the trends in tech adoption and digital transformation, and how Covid19 has impacted startups and entrepreneurs in the region.
Below are the key takeaways from the Modus keynote:
- Adapting to the new normal
- Impact of Covid19 on the e-commerce industry
- Fintech impact on the unbanked population in emerging markets
- Usage of over-the-top media services and on-demand streaming networks during the pandemic
- How large corporations are shifting their business strategy to a post-Covid ecosystem and how startups are impacted by this move
MEW—held annually— is a week-long event designed to showcase a wide range of events, seminars, workshops, and conferences, and further promote the MENA entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The Capital Governorate of the Kingdom of Bahrain launched MEW in 2015 as a platform aimed to connect entrepreneurs and startups through showcasing regional and international success stories and shining the light on the various business acceleration mediums available in the Kingdom of Bahrain.